Agoge Diet is a reasonably well-known name in the weight-loss industry. It is a safe and effective weight-loss strategy that includes eating a nutritious, well-balanced diet. Plenty of fruits, vegetables, healthy grains, lean protein, and low-fat dairy products remain included in the diet.
You have come to the right site if you want a game diet. You will discover everything there is to know about the Agoge diet in this post. So stay with us and keep reading to learn all there is to know about this diet’s advantages.
This diet aims to help lose weight without resorting to unhealthy habits such as restrictive diets or calorie counting. Instead, this diet remains designed to help achieve weight loss goals with maintaining health and well being. Any diet may be declared a good diet if it also works in the maintenance of health and strength. For example, the agoge diet helps to burn belly fat with the burning of other fats.
Table of Contents
The word agoge have various meaning in Ancient Greek. First, the rigorous training and education program was mandatory for all spartan males. Its goal was the transformation of males into Spartan soldiers who were just loyal to the state and their members, not their families.
The literal meaning of the term agoge is “aggressive,” which we sometimes use to describe something challenging. So for agoge diet, the simple definition for this term is “aggressive diet.”
Advantages of Agoge Diet
The term fitness covers two aspects; Diet and exercise. In dieting, you should consider the benefits that food provides. The following are the benefits of the Agoge diet that you should consider.
- It helps maintain your teeth, eyes, and skin health.
- It possibly helps you live a longer life.
- Boosts immune system
- Supports your muscles
- Strengthens bones
- It reduces the risk of heart disease, malignancies, and type 2 diabetes.
- It maintains healthy pregnancies and nursing.
- It helps the digestive system for proper functioning
One of the main benefits of this diet is the use of plant-based proteins, which are low in calories and provide all essential amino acids to the body.
You can get these benefits by strictly following the diet plan and schedule of diet. Unlike other western diets, you remain loaded with processed, refined, and sugary foods. This diet helps to boost your immune system, metabolic rate, and lean muscle mass.
Agoge Diet Plan
The agoge diet is famous and plays a vital role in weight loss. In addition, it has a significant influence on remarkable physical modifications. It would help if you started eating like Spartans as you have begun training. Then, if you succeed in your goal, you will see the fat melt away and reveal six packs abs.
The Diet Plan
If you are severe or determined to lose weight, you must strictly follow the diet plan. After strictly following the diet plan for a few weeks. The program includes the following:
- Eat every 4 hours
- With each meal, eat lean protein: Chicken breasts, fish, egg whites, and lean ground beef.
- Include 2-3 servings of vegetables such as cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, and spinach at each meal
- Add one cheat item within 1-3 hours of completing a hard workout.
- Must consume healthy fats up to 40%
Start with consuming 14 calories per pound of your body weight. For example, a male of 200-pounds would consume 2800 calories per day.
- Get 40% of your calories from healthy fats, 35% from protein, and 25% from carbs.
- Reorder your caloric consumption after four weeks.
- Do not make substantial caloric changes; 100 or 200 calories per day is adequate.
- Foods to eat
- Eighty percent of your calories must remain provided by the foods listed below.
Protein sources eat lean red meat, 93% lean. In addition, eat omega-3 eggs, salmon, and chicken breasts for protein intake.
- In vegetables: tomatoes, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, and cauliflower.
- Fish oil, extra virgin olive oil, and mixed nuts are fat sources.
- In snacks: unsalted almonds, protein drinks, and beef jerky.
Being patient is the key to losing weight; therefore, exercise patience since it could take some time. First, however, you must adhere to the guidelines or meal plan to achieve your goal. After adhering to the daily calorie intake for four weeks, you will notice the results. If you follow a spartan diet for four weeks, you’ll not only start to look like one, but you’ll also start to feel like one.